Plantable is a health company whose prescription is to improve health and well-being through real food. Plantable’s mission is to help make it easy to restore our health by breaking the Crappy Food Cycle – that well-known two-hour cycle of “Eat. Crash. Hunger. Eat More.”, driven by today’s modern diet of highly refined grains, stripped of fiber and loaded with added sugar. Through our meal and coaching program, we make it easy to move to a whole food, plant-based diet by delivering to the client tasty, highly nutritious, prepared lunches and dinners, in conjunction with a coaching platform to drive long-term behavioral change. We're a fast growing lifestyle, direct to consumer, food company. We're looking for a Sous Chef to work with our Brooklyn-based culinary team.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Work with the Executive Chef and Chef de Cuisine to produce diversified menu items in accordance with our company goals, this includes adding new menu items to the lineup.
• Assist in managing and organizing the kitchen team to work efficiently to meet production schedule.
• Assist in training new employees.
• Assist in sourcing high quality produce and ingredients.
• Assist with ordering of packaging materials.
• Assist in managing food inventory.
• Proficient in English, Spanish a plus.
• 1 year of experience as a Sous Chef or 3+ years of health focused cooking preferred.
• Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
• Excellent record of kitchen and staff management.
• Familiar with industry’s best practices.
• NGI grads welcome