Senior Director of Development
Commitment to a vegan lifestyle required
Management Recruiters - Mid Hudson Valley is an executive search firm focused solely in serving the nonprofit sector. We have a national practice and the large majority of our placements are executive leadership and senior fundraising professionals.
Our client is Mercy For Animals (MFA - www.mercyforanimals.org). MFA is a global movement of people on the frontlines fighting to protect farmed animals, and exists to end the greatest cause of suffering on the planet: the exploitation of animals for food, in particular, industrial animal agriculture, aquaculture, and fishing. MFA is dedicated to eradicating this cruel food system and replacing it with one that is not just kind to animals but essential for the future of our planet and all who share it. From factory farms to corporate boardrooms, courts of justice to courts of public opinion, MFA is there to speak up against cruelty and to shift the food industry toward plant- and cell-based products.
Mercy For Animals seeks a skilled Senior Director of Development to advance the work of MFA and develop, implement, and oversee all of MFA’s fundraising activities, including the major gifts program, annual giving, international funding, institutional giving and special events, in strategic partnership with the president and board of directors, and in alignment with the three year strategic plan.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive fund development plan to meet strategic objectives and financial goals, including annual revenue and three-year strategic plan goals.
• Oversee and research funding sources and trends in nonprofit development.
• Collaborate with president, board of directors, vice president of finance, and leadership to prepare annual department goals.
• Prepare and manage development department budget, including projecting and achieving goals for both revenue and expenses.
• Oversee the selection, implementation, and utilization of technology to meet the needs of development operations in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
• Deliver a successful and ambitious individual giving campaign to cultivate, expand, and diversify Mercy For Animals’ global support base.
• Prepare periodic analysis of the progress, effectiveness, and efficiency of development programs and systems, identifying potential challenges and recommending solutions.
• Establish an appropriate system of metrics and accountability for the department and team members; and evaluate team members based on these and other performance measurements.
• Partner with the events team to ensure the success of all fundraising and donor cultivation events.
• Ensure effective information sharing with the finance department, including all data requirements necessary to meet internal financial requirements.
• Manage day-to-day activities and workflow processes of the development department.
• Adhere to all people operations and administrative policies and procedures.
• Minimum of 5 years of nonprofit experience, including demonstrated development leadership experience.
• Nonprofit experience managing in a Development program generating revenue of $12M or more, with emphasis on building a strong annual giving program.
• Bachelor’s degree in, business, nonprofit management or a related field, with advanced training in development.
• Ability to successfully collaborate and communicate with senior leadership, providing expert guidance in all organizational development initiatives.
• Adept at building, managing, and mentoring successful fundraising teams.
• Successful track record in individual and major giving, including experience managing restricted funding, with demonstrated success in major donor cultivation and solicitation.
• Knowledge of financial management to allocate resources, prepare and manage budgets, analyze financial data and project fundraising income.
• Positive attitude and ability to inspire and motivate team members and supporters.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and deadlines.
• Excellent organizational skills, time management efficiency, and careful attention to detail.
• Competency with fundraising software and research applications.
• International experience would be a plus.
• Willingness to travel on a national scale.
• Commitment to the objectives of the organization.
• Commitment to a vegan lifestyle.
Mercy for Animals offers an excellent compensation and benefits package.
Mercy for Animals is an affirmative action employer.
If you are interested in this excellent career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter (Word Documents only) to:
Owner / Manager – Management Recruiters – Mid Hudson Valley
Website – www.mrmhv.com