We are a boutique Wine & Spirits shop in a residential area in White Plains. Our focus is smaller producers and our team tastes and selects each wine that goes on our shelves. In addition, we provide high-touch customer service to every visitor to our store. That includes assisting customers one-on-one, introducing them to selections outside their typical comfort zone, and hosting organized regular tastings and events. Above all else, our mission is to place quality, thoughtfully-made wines in the hands of our customers.
We’re currently hiring for a position with our Retail Floor team. Candidates should have a passion for wine & spirits and enthusiasm for learning on the job. While we maintain an organized & well-kept Retail shop, our team is equally focused on growth through events, corporate sales, partnerships, & e-commerce. Team members should be prepared to work in a fast-paced organization that is constantly seeking out & testing new initiatives. As we continue to grow, team members will have additional opportunity to build on their skills & interests – whether that be in marketing, editorial, events, or corporate sales.
• Passion for wine & spirits including tasting, talking about, and selling it.
• Self-identify as a “wine nerd.” Learning the intricacies of wine fascinates you.
• Excellent communication skills and a vibrant personality.
• A resourceful and motivated self-starter, before you ask questions you google for answers.
• Unwavering positive attitude, even on bad days you fake it till things get better.
• Are 21+ years of age
• Know the basics of Microsoft Office & Email.
• Are reliable, on-time, and available certain evenings & weekends.
• Have the ability to perform physical tasks including bending, lifting up to 40lbs, standing, squatting, & climbing.
About the Job:
• Interact with customers & answer questions no matter how seemingly bizarre or minor.
• Learn & share information regarding our wines & small-batch craft spirits selections.
• Maintain the store as you would your home (stocking shelves & light cleaning).
• Run the register with efficiency & courtesy.
• Receive & check-in deliveries from wholesalers.
• Fulfillment of outgoing delivery orders.
• Opportunities to assist in various other areas (including digital marketing/social media, e-commerce, event-management, group sales, etc…)
• Opportunities for both Full-Time & Part-Time Positions
About Bottle Grove:
• We offer a competitive salary based on your experience, team-building activities, and opportunities to taste & expand upon your wine knowledge.
• Our team is the most important part of our company – we’ll encourage you to share opinions and contribute in ways that interest you.
• Opportunities for promotion & increased responsibilities based on performance.
• Bottle Grove is an Equal Opportunity Employer.