Director of Operations
The fast growing Lifestyle Food for Health company, Plantable, is looking for a Director of Operations to head its Brooklyn facility. The Director of Operations is a newly created position, that will organize, administrate, and manage a food manufacturing operation that is quickly expanding. This role will be primarily focused on the company’s food manufacturing and internal operations, production cycles and processes, and procedure/schedule of plant operations.
The ideal candidate has proven record of successfully growing and managing an at-scale food manufacturing business, with a can-do attitude, is analytical, with attention to detail and a passion for health-forward food. We love working with great people so exceptional team and interpersonal skills are required.
• Execute on all day-to-day operations including all procurement, manufacturing, packaging, and purchasing management.
• Food Cost Management to include inventory management, food cost reduction and waste tracking.
• Labor Cost Management to include shift scheduling, hiring of all new staff, and quality control • Production Planning utilizing order numbers to determine a production schedule and distribute plan to production departments.
• Understand and document the current manufacturing processes, procedures, workflow and staff responsibilities; recommend and implement any changes as necessary
• Assist and train the Operations Leadership in maintaining accurate and timely production processes and efforts.
• Provide accurate and timely interim budgets and improvement plans to the management team
• Prepare regular statements of cost of goods, and manage the monitoring of KPI’s set for respective departments of oversight.
• Prepare all reporting packages for Management Team as needed
• Work to spec and implement ERP System to manage production and processing.
• Partner with Founder and Senior Management to establish operational strategy including designing of systems, manufacturing budget, and identifying opportunities for improvement. • Monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing results and key performance indicators, and initiating improvements and corrections.
• Lead annual Manufacturing budget creation and reforecasting activities throughout the year • Provide analysis as necessary to assist in management decision making
• Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local legal requirements, and anticipate future legislation, and adjust accordingly
• Requires Degree or Certificate in Management, or significant food production
and manufacturing related experience.
• Minimum 6+ years’ proven experience in process-heavy, food manufacturing operation
• Ability to produce, plan and analyze production plans, orders and schedules; collect & analyze data, perform formula calculations & work with spreadsheets and ERP systems to drive efficiencies.
• Experience managing a manufacturing operation producing high-quality product
• Excellent communicator with proven team skills
• Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
• CPG Product Manufacturing Experience
• Food Safety, HACCP, SQF, FDA, FISMA, and USDA process knowledge and experience a Plus
• Experience as a PCQI and with OSHA Safety requirements a plus.
Candidates interested in applying for this position should write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching their resume’ and a cover note explaining why they think they are well-suited for the role.