Who we are
Launching in Summer 2019, Pattern is a family of brands on a mission to guide our generation toward enjoyment in daily life. Through methods, tools, and support, we help our members navigate the process of making a home.
Our first brand, Equal Parts, is focused on helping consumers reintroduce cooking as a rewarding part of daily life. With the right guidance and tools, we believe everyone can cook.
Additional brands are set to join the Pattern family in Fall 2019 and Spring 2020.
Pattern is led by Emmett Shine, Nick Ling, and a tested team of startup experts from Gin Lane. In the last decade with Gin Lane, they’ve built and scaled the foundation of over 50 digitally native vertical brands.
We are based in Chinatown, New York and proudly backed by some of the most prominent investors in consumer goods.
We are looking for a multifaceted cooking expert with a passion for helping our customers find more enjoyment in cooking, by providing the guidance needed to increase their comfort and confidence in the kitchen.
As a cooking coach, you will manage a series of one-on-one text-based conversations with customers, answering their cooking-related questions about techniques, how to use ingredients, specific dishes, meal planning, and best practices. Cooking coaches are the primary point of contact with our customers, and we’re committed to offering a supportive, personal, and delightful customer experience.
Within this role you will be a representative of the customer and a leader in building out our coaching program. You will be at the forefront of understanding the most valuable aspects of the coaching service and where customers need the most help, translating key insights into tactical recommendations for how we can continue to build an organization that fosters meaningful relationships with our customers around cooking guidance and enjoyment. As one of our first coaches, you will be a core part of training and on-boarding new coaches as the program expands.
Our coaches are online to support our customers in planning to cook and while cooking. As such, hours are structured accordingly. Coaches must be able to work some evenings and weekend days, with hours structured around an Eastern Standard Time (5pm-9pm EST weekdays, 12-9pm EST weekends) cooking schedule. Additional minimal hours will be required in order to complete reports on your time “online” and work with team members in sharing key learnings and making improvements to the service.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for our customers, communicating via text and email, to provide guidance and recommendations for what and how to cook.
- Establish a 1:1 relationship with customers in the first week of them onboarding to the service offering.
- Respond to customer questions in an empathic and guiding way that takes into account the brand positioning of finding enjoyment in home cooking and the customer’s specific profile information.
- Execute against the brand vision to help customers find more enjoyment in cooking, ensuring that the voice and tone of all communications are in line with the personality that the brand wants to deliver.
- Contribute to the long-term coaching strategy, by sharing feedback and insights with the broader team.
- Partner closely with the customer experience team to capture learnings, share insights, and make improvements to the holistic experience between the brand and consumer.
Our ideal candidate is
A passionate cook, with formal training or equivalent experience
Familiar and empathetic to the needs of our customer base
Incredible at building rapport and excited to build relationships and teach others
Excited about helping customers find more enjoyment in cooking
Experienced with providing guidance to individuals looking to become more comfortable with cooking at home
An excellent communicator with strong writing and technical skills
Organized, positive, and self-motivated
A proactive problem solver and independent thinker with confidence to make decisions on behalf of the customer
Flexible and willing to adjust based on customer learning and business priorities.
This is a fixed term contract role for a period of two-months. Following this period, there is the opportunity to transition into a full-time role for successful candidates.
What Pattern offers:
An amazing culture, team, and mission
Breakfast every Monday, plus free drinks and snacks every day
Company activities including happy hours, company BBQ's, Town Halls, and more!